Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What does it take?

She was never heard, never seen.
Ignored like she was a post.
Those girls were cows, nasty mean
But inside she bled more than most

Unnoticed by all, even her family.
She hated the loss of love.
She lived in fear, but thinked normally.
She wanted to soon rise above.

Lying alone in bed one night
She finally had had enough
They'd forgotten her birthday, she wanted to fight.
The edge of the knife blad felt rough.

She raised it above her heart and thrust
She screamed so loud, her family came running.
They saw her in agony, but only just
In hospital she screamed, sick of shunning

Finally she went home, her family now noticed.
but why did it have to take a failed suicide?
At school for weeks she was never missed.
she hid the knife, "I'm ok" but she lied.

A hidden rope as her parents came in.
No blood, no life they were satisfied.
When they were gone, she tied a note to her shin
It said," I hope that now I have died!"

But waking up in hospital not dead.
She screams out, again she has failed herself
Screaming in agony from the hospital bed.
Her antibiotics lay unused on the shelf.

This time its pills, no pain or agony, juts death.
she hopes to make it this time, not to fail.
When she's sleeping soundly, she hopes to take her final breath.
To once and for all cross over the veil.

But the pills are too few.Another failure.
Hospital is now her home, but she doesn't want a home
She wants death, no ,life, no being unsure.
But life is unbreakable, Unpenetrable, A dome.

So now they leave her, but she wont leave herslef.
her olny option is pain, so she uncovers the blad.
holds it high and is stopped by an unsettled shelf.
Will she take antibiotics and heal the hurt she made?

No.She thrusts and doesn't miss. This time death.
Her parents come in and discover a note.
It reads," I hope you are happy with my final breath,
As parents , I didnt choose, you dont get my vote.

I love you, but no love was returned.
So now I have taken drastic action.
I hope that now your favour I have earned.
Because all I needed was a small fraction.

No comments: