Monday, June 15, 2009

Emo

They would say,
"What do you have left EMO? Nothing but a broken heart?"
Why do they control me?
They would haunt me, bring me down to their level and say,
"No one can hate themselves as much as you must."
Why does it still hurt?
They would shun me and tell me,
"You just dont fit in here!"
I was always, too FAT , too UGLY , too SMART to fit in,
Makes sense right?
Why arent I used to it?
I was never good enough,
"PATHETIC"
I was a SHAME.
I began to fool myself I could reach their standards.
I started pretending to be someone else.
??
I began to forget who I really was...
I told myself:
"You'll fit in someday" "Eventually"
"They just need to see how much like them you really are."
I fooled myself, never them. I forgot who I was.
The SHAM became ME. They kept me alive.
It was an I-L-L-U-S-I-O-N,
Created to quench my thirst for popularity.
"It got me nowhere"
I LOST MYSELF ALONG THE WAY
Who am I now?
Nothing. Nothing. Nothing
But an EMO with a Broken Heart.

No comments: